Without the hard work of Interns each year, Project Mexico would not be able to continue our summer Home Building Program. Interns are a critical part of a community and for that, we thank God for you. People who are willing to give a summer of their time in serving others are the type of people who truly make a positive impact in the world.
Every summer we witness a beautiful process of growth and learning. Week by week, groups of volunteers travel to build a home for a needy family and leave changed and inspired by their experience. Your main role as a Home Building Intern would be to make that experience smooth, productive and meaningful for these volunteers.
As an intern your responsibilities may include guiding volunteers in how to build a home, cleaning bathrooms, reaching out and connecting with young mission-minded youth.
We believe and thrive in a healthy balance of hard work and recovery.
This includes beach days, taco runs and time with our boys who live at the orphanage.
* Length of Internship: 1-3 Months
* Where: Saint Innocent Orphanage, Tijuana, Mexico
* When: Summer 2018 homebuilding season (May-August)
* Develop Leadership skills, Construction skills, and Spanish
* Meet Like-Minded Orthodox Christians
* Learn Construction Techniques
* Experience Mission-Based Service
* Lead Volunteer Groups in Construction
* Facilitate Volunteers on Site at Project Mexico
* Become an Ambassador of Hope
Applicants will need to:
* Fundraise to Cover Expenses
* Practice Spanish Skills
* Prepare Spiritually for the Mission Field
* Arrive with an Attitude of Service and Cultural Respect
* Love as Christ Loves Us
Application Due November 30, 2017.